Liberty Management System Director II, Continuous Improvement Methodology-53167
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
Center of Excellence, Continuous Improvement Methodology (CIM)
The CIM Team consults with the business on deployment and application of the Liberty Management System (LMS) which is Liberty Mutual’s system for implementing a lean based operational excellence system. The CIM Team partners with the business units throughout the course of an LMS deployment and throughout their continuous improvement journey. They are responsible for maintenance and continuous improvement of the LMS methodology which consists of the transformation playbook that outlines the strategy for deploying LMS and the tool-book that lays out key elements of LMS like Value Stream thinking, Voice of the Customer, Root Cause Problem Solving, Leader Standard Work, Waste Elimination, Flow, and Seeking Perfection.
The LMS Director II, reports to the Senior Director of Continuous Improvement Methodology and has 8-12 direct reports (consultants) that support specific Business Units. The consultants carry out the work and the Director’s responsibility is to support their development, guide our approach, and to develop client relationships with the LMS and SBU leadership. The Director II will also interface with Senior Business Managers and various Liberty Mutual functional groups for strategy, planning, and status of LMS activities and support.
Oversee various LMS initiatives in support of the organization's drive for continuous improvement. LMS accountability may focus on deployment (planning & execution of transformations), continuous improvement (ensuring LMS principles & practices are effectively instilled and consistently measured) or accountability may comprise both aspects. Ensures the organization’s drive for continuous improvement is a fluid, living approach that remains infused within the organization.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provides regular feedback and recommendations to key contacts regarding application of LMS models and methodologies, in support of effective utilization and positive outcomes.
- Oversees selection and recruiting of LMS resources to ensure the right talent is in place to execute LMS transformation/post-transformation activities. Identifies and secures LMS consultants, LMS leaders and other key staff.
- Provides leadership and mentoring on the application of LMS methodology and tools to cultivate and establish LMS expertise, and embed LMS skill set. Tracks coaching and professional development objectives, participates in the development and implementation of LMS training programs, and supports the LMS learning environment.
- Develops and implements measurement systems to track effectiveness of business process improvement initiatives and presents findings and recommendations to senior management.
- Ensures that procedures, documentation, job aids and other relevant resources are in place to support ease of adjusting to changes in how work is performed and fostering the culture of continuous improvement.
- Designs and develops Maturity Assessment methods and tools (to include LMS dashboard). Oversees Maturity Assessments, leading to the development of action plans to ensure established use and reinforcement of continuous improvement methods and tools.
- Designs and delivers presentations to senior management on the results of analysis work undertaken and the status of transformation initiatives and/or post-transformation assessments. Highlights systemic issues, and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Partners closely with other LMS partners to ensure alignment and to further LMS capability organization-wide.
- Acts as a visible champion for LMS principles and practices while establishing and cultivating an environment that encourages problem solving, critical thinking, and innovation.
- with regards to cultural transformation and continuous improvement.
- Represents the LMS CIM team in internal and external business meetings.
- Hires, develops, provides coaching to, and makes compensation recommendations. Defines individual performance objectives and development plans, and ensures alignment with project and department objectives.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. MBA preferred.
- 8+ years in progressive Lean/Six Sigma/Operational Excellence or related experience
- 4+ years of managerial experience preferred
- Highly developed communication, project management, negotiation, presentation, facilitation and consensus building skills
- Excellent analytical abilities, conceptual thinker with ability to translate complex concepts into clear messages and executable plans
- Proven ability to think strategically, work collaboratively, balance multiple competing priorities, communicate complex ideas and influence senior management
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- 401K and Company paid pension plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Paid time-off
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
- Discount fitness memberships
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care coverage
- Work/Life resources
- Credit Union membership
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
We believe strongly that commercial success can be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded commercially by doing the right thing the right way.
We believe that the Company's success is inextricably linked to our employees' satisfaction and success: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success.
We believe our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives everyday.
Responsibility. What's your policy?
Job Administrative Services
Primary Location US-MA-Boston
Salary (Pay Basis) 131,000-172,300
Education Level Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Shift Day Job
Travel Yes, 50 % of the Time