Industry Underwriting Consultant, Manufacturing, National InsuranceApply Apply Later Job ID 100951 - 1 Job Location Bala-Cynwyd, Pennsylvania
Our Industry Referral Consultants provides expert technical underwriting assistance, and formal referral review for all casualty lines on an industry basis.Proven ability to leverage expert leadership skills and consultative guidance to drive results.Provides practical industry expertise to strengthen Underwriting risk selection process and National Insurance results.Acts as a resource to NI Underwriting, Industry Practices, Risk Control and other departments by keeping informed about industry trends and legal/regulatory changes and sharing ideas and recommendations. Serves as a trainer/mentor to Underwriting, and peer organizations.Fosters a cooperative and collaborative relationship with the field and strive for creative solutions without compromising standards.Visit field offices to conduct referrals in person, facilitate training, conduct audits, and/or substitute for a manager or underwriter.
- Evaluate, conduct and document referrals from underwriters on accounts or coverage with higher hazards, highest complexity, higher limits, or larger premium casualty LOB’s within an assigned industry; identify creative solutions and build underwriter expertise and confidence while protecting the company's assets.
- Facilitate ongoing and frequent interaction with assigned divisions and underwriters outside of required referral activities building underwriter confidence and expertise.
- Act as a subject matter expert for Training, Systems Development, Product Management and other functions; participate in or lead significant projects of large scope and complexity.
- Perform high-level quality control review for proper policy structure.Work closely with the underwriting support supervisors to identify quality gaps and required training.
- Serve in a lead capacity and acts as a resource to less experienced, promote best practices within the Industry Consulting team, and lead/influence by example
- Participates in Underwriting reviews/roundtables to better understand operations and exposures and how an account manages their risk in support of quality risk selection
- Facilitate ongoing and frequent interaction with underwriters outside of required transactional activities building underwriter confidence and expertise by industry.
- Provides technical support to NI Underwriting employees by advising them about applicable legislative and jurisdictional challenges, industry trends and methods to reduce risk.
- Work with peer organizations and acts as an industry subject matter expert to evaluate data science to assess industry trends and results to improve risk selection.
- Works with peers to compile and maintain cross-discipline references of industry specific resources and tools in support of effective knowledge transfer.
- Visit field offices during key/busy periods to conduct referrals in person, participate in field underwriting audits, conduct training sessions or substitute for a key field-based underwriter or underwriting manager.
This position can be based in one the following offices:
Bala CynWyd, PA
San Francisco, CA
Los Angeles, CA
- Bachelor's degree,
- 10 or more years of relevant experience that includes underwriting, coaching/developing others, working with brokers/agents and currency with market trends and developments.
- Experience underwriting and assessing manufacturing accounts and product liability risk is essential.
- Expert-level knowledge of all aspects of coverage forms, exclusions, pricing, structure, rating, rating plans, loss forecasting, credit risk, market knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of insurance operations; claims, finance and actuarial concepts; regulatory environment; risk control reinsurance; account management; product development; and industry trends.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and set priorities; commit to and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrated success in team building, problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills.
- Specialty area to be determined and identified as critical by Industry Consulting.
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Bala Cynwyd
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time