Surety Underwriting Assistant - National Bond CenterApply Apply Later Job ID 97767 Job Location Indianapolis, Indiana
- Provide legendary customer service to our highly valued customers nationwide. May focus on providing support to Agents regarding our online Surety Agency portal in a call center environment, and/or process Surety business through bond and data entry supporting national organization. Services and responds to internal and external customers, assisting customers with inquiries and questions with follow-up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Communicate with Home Office and field underwriters and staff, as well as internal and external customers, Territory Managers, attorneys, and Surety IT personnel.
- Apply considerable independent judgment to complete complex or specialized assignments/tasks, working within defined policies and procedures to optimize planned business results.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of surety products and processes.
- Apply advanced level technical knowledge of Surety Operations Processing policies and procedures acquired through experience in job area or through advanced level technical training.
- Process, coordinate and/or validate data and documents to ensure quality and customer satisfaction.
- Provide Administrative Support.
- Participate in process improvement activities by regularly sharing ideas and seeking new ways to improve the way we do business.
- Special projects as requested.
- A minimum of 1+ years related customer service/administrative experience required with a focus on processing complex and technical transactions. Previous Surety experience highly desired.
- Previous experience working with surety applications highly preferred.
- Learns quickly and demonstrates an open attitude when facing new problems, processes, or procedures, and takes advantage of diverse sources of information to solve problems.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills and capability.
- Time management/prioritization skills, high level of accuracy and be able to work both on a diverse team and independently.
- Demonstrates the ability to produce error-free work and achieve high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work in order to accomplish the most important individual objectives.
- Able to complete tasks and assignments in a high volume and complex work environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills Customer service skills.
- Able to be flexible and work with diverse group of individuals.
- Flexible to provide system support as needed to Surety Department.
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook required and additional computer applications (such as Access) a plus.
- Shift is from 10:00 AM to 6:30 PM, EST, but able to back-up others on team as needed.
- Note - salary indicated represents a broad range of experience, in which the highest level would be based on surety-specific background.
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Indianapolis
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)