Solutions Architect - Workgrid - RemoteApply Apply Later Job ID 101446 - 2 Job Location Boston, Massachusetts
As an endeavor of Liberty Mutual, Workgrid Software is changing the way enterprise software is built. Our mission is to create beautiful purpose-built software that focuses on improving the employee experience.
At Workgrid, we believe employees should be productive, not busy. The amount of systems in today's business environment is overwhelming the workforce. Employees are overloaded with information, spending hours checking and managing their work, finding information, and taking action on menial tasks. This is causing significant communication and productivity issues in the workplace.
Workgrid focuses on creating solutions that solve the most common and inefficient workplace technology challenges faced by mid-large global businesses. Everything we do is because we believe people have a purpose. We create intuitive experiences that enable human potential by building software that people love.
This individual is also responsible for establishing reusable patterns whenever possible and providing thought-leadership to the Product team, as well as product recommendations that enable the customers. Develop specifications for new features. Hands-on approach but may also mentor and guide other team members on the execution of the strategy. Identify and fill gaps to enable the customer to be self-sufficient on the platform. This could be through additional documentation or recommendations to the Product team on the core platform.
The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidate’s overall experience and skill level. Ability to Work Remote anywhere in the Continental United States.
About the role:
- Technical Lead Architect who will develop the solution approach for onboarding new customers to the Workgrid platform.
- Provide technical mentorship to the customer to teach them how to use the product and become self-sufficient.
- Provides oversight on the execution of the architectural approach to onboarding customers.Influence and ensure solutions follow leading guidelines, are scalable, and whenever possible re-usable for other customers.
- Designs and develops IT architecture (deployment, provisioning users, connectors) scalable solutions to business problems in alignment with the Workgrid architecture direction and standards.
- Provides consultation and collaborates with Head of Product, CEO, and Head of Customer Success regarding long and short-range product features.
- Recommends and drives innovative solutions, which anticipates the future direction of the business, its drivers and technology strategy.
- Provides consultation on leveraging new and existing software and technology.
- Leads teams, may have overall leadership responsibility for product architecture and design.
- Reviews and ensures major architectural designs are consistent, maintainable, flexible and cost effective solutions.
- Works with or leads technical teams to identify functional requirements that drive architecture and technology to meet customer needs and enables business capability.
- Participates with application and infrastructure design architects to provide guidance for development and releases.
- Develops strategies and architectures which support advanced security topics such as Vulnerability Lifecycle Management, Identity Management, Intrusion Detection, Authentication, Authorization and Auditing.
- Consults with application development and infrastructure development teams to fit systems to architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify the technical architecture to accommodate customer/stakeholder needs.
- Responsible for prototyping complex, cross platform business solutions to validate newer technologies.
- Recommends emerging scalable and reusable technical solutions to increase market share and reduce operational costs.
- Analyzes the technology industry and market trends to determine potential impact on the business.
- Influences technology direction and/or adjustments to incorporate into business plans.
- Influences the selection of hardware and software product standards and the design of standard configurations; makes significant contributions to Product technology roadmaps and architectural principles and frameworks.
- Develops and manages effective collaborative relationships with other departments, groups, peers, and subordinates (data mgmt., security, and infrastructure).
- Leads retrospectives and defining opportunities for experiments and POC`s.
- Facilitates cross-team/train learnings, communication and alignment.
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical discipline; Master`s preferred.
- 10+ years of architecture experience in applications development in a complex, multi-platform distributed environment.
- Extensive experience in layered solutions and designs, diverse technical configurations, across multiple technologies and processing environments.
- In-depth knowledge in software engineering languages and tools; proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of all product and system components of technical architecture.
- In-depth understanding of business operations, objectives and strategies including but not limited to, insurance industry, financial services, global business, architecture, technology trends, as well as security minded.
- Knowledgeable in software engineering languages and tools; proficient new and emerging technologies.
- Strong leadership skills; coaching and mentoring skills. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills - including negotiation, facilitation, and consensus building skills; ability to influence and persuade, without direct control.
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization with diverse backgrounds.
- Strong desire to drive change, and ability to adapt to change quickly. Strong consulting skills (relevant/technical); recognized as a thought leader within the company. Ability to balance the long-term "big picture" and short term implications of decisions.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state, and local laws.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time