Claims Internship - Global Risk Solutions - Wausau, WIApply Apply Later Job ID 101533 Job Location Wausau, Wisconsin
Gain valuable business experience at a Fortune 100 company!
Liberty Mutual's internship programs give you a chance to work on a variety of critical business assignments, test your skills, use your academic knowledge, and match your interests to a real job.
Do you have an investigative nature? Like to understand all the details and contributing factors before you make decisions? Like helping people resolve questions? If so, then claims might just be right for you!
As a Claims intern at Liberty Mutual, you will focus on developing the skills necessary for success by assisting Claims professionals with investigating accidents or incidents involving injured workers or unrelated parties (e.g. a driver of a vehicle not insured by Liberty Mutual) and participating in additional training or project work. The Company's internship program is intended to provide students the opportunity to practice business skills learned in school while gaining real-world work experience.
- Develop the knowledge and skills needed to conduct thorough investigations
- Gain an understanding of how to evaluate losses
- Learn how to negotiate settlements
- Assess liability of claims based on facts gathered through investigation
- Assist in managing an inventory of claims
- Build business and professional skills that will prepare you for leadership positions
- Gain valuable real world experience with a Fortune 100 company
- This is your chance to explore Liberty Mutual as a potential employer. We will provide you with a meaningful experience, along with the management support, tools, and resources you need to be successful. You will have the opportunity to participate in educational and social programs that will accelerate your development, as well as an online community of interns that will provide a collegial environment to help with your transition from school to work.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA; additional requirements may apply
- Must be currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree (graduating in 20XX or 20XX)
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical, analytical and investigative skills; ability to gather information, analyze facts, and draw conclusions
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships
- Efficient planning, time management and organizational skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to work full-time for a minimum of 10-12 weeks (June-August)
Primary Location: United States-Wisconsin-Wausau
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)